implement PS_USERSTYLE handling, tested with Dia(win32)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 11 15:22:55 CDT 2009

Hans Breuer wrote:
> At 05.04.2009 23:54, James McKenzie wrote:
>> Hans Breuer wrote:
>>> From b89af7d06fc8cbf5210c61fd58ed62caeddad968 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>>> From: Hans Breuer <hans at breuer.org>
>>> Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:27:29 +0200
>>> Subject: implement PS_USERSTYLE handling, tested with Dia(win32) - see
>>>  http://hans.breuer.org/dia/dia-wine.htm
>>>
>>> ---
>>>  dlls/winex11.drv/pen.c |   31 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
>>>  1 files changed, 27 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
>>>
> [...]
>>>
>> This needs a conformance test to show this is what happens in
>> Windows. If this is not supported in certain versions, you will also
>> need to add
>> broken() code for those versions with what happens.  Look at the Wine
>> source code and search for the use of this call.
>>
> The only broken() calls I found are in */test/*. If I understood
> correctly for PS_USERSTYLE and ExtCreatePen these tests are allready
> there, see:
>   dlls/gdi32/tests/pen.c
>
> And they are un-effected by my patch, which is not changing any API
> behaviour, but just fixes the implementation to finally match the API.

Do they correct implementations to match Windows behavior and do tests
exist for Wine that demonstrate this (the tests may be marked to_do wine
and this marking needs to be removed.)  If behavior is not implemented
in a particular version of Windows or differs then the test needs to be
marked as broken, which by your comments I will assume is already in
place and correct.  Thank you for fixing this as there are many areas
where Wine is lacking in proper implementation and hacks and code
workarounds exist at the present time.

> Or am I still missing something?

No, you are not.  It has been a very long week this week.  I'm
recovering, still, from the flu and other problems.  If I've offended
you, my apologies.

James McKenzie