do ERR messages imply bugs?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 12 15:29:29 CDT 2009

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> chris ahrendt wrote:
>
>> 17997 Gecko is installed and reran test... same result... valid bug
>>
>> 17998 is the locking issue... and it occurs not just in the rest but in
>> another application as well..
>>

> What errors? What exactly isn't working for you? You have failed to explain
> that. Until you meaningfully can explain everyone what isn't working for
> you? What exact applications are you having problems with? Where are they
> failed tests you are speaking of, these bugs invalid!

This is why I don't like the current configuration of Bugzilla and how
we pass information along.

Bugzilla should request an application name and AppDB entry number.

We need to make folks 'smart' about why ERR messages appear and what is
different from FIXMEs.

We also need to improve what is in ERR messages as we can provide fix
information as well.

James McKenzie