do ERR messages imply bugs?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 16:41:52 CDT 2009

2009/4/12 James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>:

> I understand your concern.  I like bug reports, I just don't like bug
> reports in a vacuum.  If we can get some of the functionality of an
> automatic Bugzilla to Applications Database linker in place this would
> make it much easier to avoid (not prevent) duplicate reports and for bug
> reports to have application entries and the other way round.  I really
> would like to see a bug report for each garbage entry in the
> Applications Database with associated terminal output and such.  This
> might give developers a push to fix a problem or implement code based
> upon the number of related problem reports and affected programs.  For
> example, if only three people report the same bug on the same program
> would it make more sense to work on a problem that has fifty
> reports/votes and it affects a dozen programs.
> Of course, implementing the linker may be a project in itself.

I suspect single user login for the various Wine websites is a similar
problem to arrange. And would facilitate such an appdb<->bugzilla
linkage helping things along rather than being another barrier.

The problem is really the various sites having been built as five or
six compeltely separate things rather than one in the first place.

- d.