[2/2] secur32/tests: Fix GetUserNameEx() tests (try 2)

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 06:00:42 CDT 2009

Ge van Geldorp wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>> From: Paul Vriens
>>
>> Why did you remove:
>>
>> -    if (0) /* Crashes on Windows */
>> -        rc = pGetUserNameExW(NameSamCompatible, NULL, NULL);
>> -
>>
>> The point of these additions was to show/document that Windows crashes
>> when called like this.
>
> Because Alexandre told me for an earlier patch to remove tests that crash on
> Windows: http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2009-January/072010.html
>
> Ge.

But that refers to a function that is said to be broken on Windows.

I've added these to the tests to show that Windows crashes. This is thus
a test (although not run) for behavior. It just means that Windows
doesn't check the input parameters thoroughly and so we shouldn't
either. It was trigerred by Coverity that reported a possible
dereference on a NULL parameter.

--
Cheers,

Paul.