[2/2] secur32/tests: Fix GetUserNameEx() tests (try 2)

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Tue Apr 14 09:15:50 CDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 01:17:13PM +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 April 2009 12:39:51 Ge van Geldorp wrote:

> Hi Ge,

> >> Why did you remove:

> >> -    if (0) /* Crashes on Windows */
> >> -        rc = pGetUserNameExW(NameSamCompatible, NULL, NULL);
> >> -

> >> The point of these additions was to show/document that Windows crashes
> >> when called like this.

>> Because Alexandre told me for an earlier patch to remove tests that crash
>> on Windows:
>> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2009-January/072010.html

> What Paul meant is that as this test is behind an if(0), it's not going to be
> run anyway. So all it does is to serve as documentation of Windows behaviour.
> Arguably, this could just be a comment, ideally in the implementation of
> GetUserNameExW, but in general it's nice to have this sort of information.

Depending on the importance of the crash, surely an
exception-handler-type test would document that it crashes on Windows
_and_ whether it crashes or not on Wine, and catch a change in that
status by either party?

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com

Shorter .sig for a more eco-friendly paperless office.