do ERR messages imply bugs?

chris ahrendt celticht32 at aol.com
Sun Apr 12 16:12:46 CDT 2009

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> chris ahrendt wrote:
>
>> 17997 Gecko is installed and reran test... same result... valid bug
>>
>> 17998 is the locking issue... and it occurs not just in the rest but in
>> another application as well..
>>

> What errors? What exactly isn't working for you? You have failed to explain
> that. Until you meaningfully can explain everyone what isn't working for
> you? What exact applications are you having problems with? Where are they
> failed tests you are speaking of, these bugs invalid!
>
> DO NOT REOPEN THEM!
>
> Vitaliy.

THe ERR  mesages which are in the logs I uloaded. As pointed out in the
wine development logs
an ERR is only supposed to happen if something goes wrong or is not
working correctly.
So either these are warning messages and need to be changed as such or
they are actual failures in the underlying code
and will need to get fixed.

If the action is normal for the failure in the test case then it should
be output on the screen somewhere in the log stating this is normal.

Chris