[1/2] msi/tests: Test MsiRecordGetString on null and empty strings.

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 19:29:28 CDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Nicolas Le Cam <niko.lecam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Even if I was tempted to changed it, I tried to follow original code
> style, as stated multiple times on wine-devel.

While that's encouraged, it's sometimes more of a suggestion than a
rule. If you're changing a lot of the code and it helps readability to
change the style, go for it. As James said, especially in tests, where
each unit test should be it's own standalone piece of code.

> What do you mean by well documented ? Isn't the test self explanatory ?
> I'm setting a null or empty string and verify that getting it back
> give me an empty string with a null buffer length for both A and W
> versions.
>
> Is a comment like "MsiRecordGetString should return an empty string
> and null buffer length when getting back a null or empty string" will
> help understanding what I'm trying to do ?

The unit tests should be readable for someone not familiar with Wine,
but probably with the Windows API. But comments like:

/* Setting a null string */
code...

/* Verifying we got a null string back */

> BTW, this patch fixes all current failures in wine for msi package
> tests when run on a root drive dir. Unfortunately it also creates 12
> new failures. I need to investigate.

Excellent! Keep up the great work!

--
-Austin