RFC: Resource editing and validation

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Apr 15 19:34:16 CDT 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Vincent Povirk wrote:
[...]
> I don't think a dependency on po/gettext and the resulting two
> translation systems instead of one is a good idea. I think it is best
> to use the existing rc system to translate all text.

The problem is there is no translation tool that knows how to handle
rc files. If we handled all rc file translations through po files we
would be able to leverage the many tools that support po files, in
particular the various website-based tools thatt make it easy for
non-programmers to do translations.

        It really galls me that most of the computer power in the world
                          is wasted on screen savers.
                     Chris Caldwell from the GIMPS project
                       http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm