Icons, logos, Tango, consistency, the user experience, and our project looks like a 2D champaign flute

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Fri Apr 17 01:20:31 CDT 2009

Ben Klein wrote:
> 2009/4/17 Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com>:
>> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:36 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>>> The Ubuntu Studio logos look fine.
>>> I'd be happy with adopting them if they really make Wine
>>> fit in better with modern desktops.  No need to wait for 1.2,
>>> just check 'em in now, 1.2 will be along soon enough.
>>>

>> +1
>
> +2
>
> I just don't like the idea of deliberately scheduling decisions in
> Wine to match Ubuntu (or any other distro) releases. 1.2 should be out
> when it's done.
>
> I could go on a rant about Shuttleworth, but that would be flaming :)

I was planning to put them in the beta packages anyway, but 90% of our
users won't see them until 1.2 comes out (only 10% or so are on the
betas).  I said "eg Ubuntu" rather than "ie Ubuntu" because Ubuntu is
just one of the distros coming out around October, mainly because that's
roughly one month after Gnome is releasing.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie