Article on wine development strategy

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 18 08:22:20 CDT 2009

I would like to put in my two cents for making Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 work at about "50%."
DNS 10 is a terrible program in a lot of ways. It's interface is over-engineered, clumsy, unintuitive, and packed with features that the average user never even looks at.
People who don't know DNS say, "I'd love to dictate into word, format by voice command, etc."
People who know DNS well, say "just give me accuracy and speed, and forget everything else." Those people usually tend to be the natural DNS constituency: either disabled or want to churn out a tremendous amount of text without typing.

I think my point here is that happiness depends not only on % but on the type of program. Not all programs are created equal. Not all features are a good idea.

Susan Cragin