(Try2) wininet/tests: Fix HttpSendRequestW test on Win2k platform.

Hans Leidekker hans at codeweavers.com
Mon Apr 20 14:04:53 CDT 2009

On Monday 20 April 2009 20:14:14 Nicolas Le Cam wrote:

> Win2k SP4 seems to be the only platform that follows what msdn says (see
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384247(VS.85).aspx).

wininet is bundled with Internet Explorer, so it's more useful to look at
the Explorer version than the Windows version.

> Perhaps passing header's length to HttpSendRequest instead of adding a
> broken expected value would be better. Let me know.

No, the length parameter is the essence of this test. I wrote it
because I saw IE7 call HttpSendRequestW like this which contradicts MSDN.
The test shows that MSDN is outdated; on recent wininet HttpSendRequestW
will calculate the header length for you.

 -Hans