Wine patch code review or what to do if patches get stuck?

Reece Dunn msclrhd at
Tue Apr 21 09:52:22 CDT 2009

2009/4/21 Jeremy White <jwhite at>:
>> Sometimes "no feedback" means that you just dont know - is there
>> something wrong? Or maybe your patch wos not understood correctly? Or
>> there are doubts that what you did is right? Or what? It would be
>> better to have feedback like "are you serious?" than nothing at all :)
> I've tried to update the 'why was my patch ignored' section in the Wiki:
> to reflect what I understand from Alexandre.
> Not sure if any of it applies in your case, but I thought it'd be good
> to have it in the mailing list archives.

I found that
may be useful as a checklist.

I was trying to find the interview with Alexandre where he lists 10
things that cause a patch to be rejected (e.g. using C++ comments).
Does anyone know the link for this?

- Reece