Changing the language that wine runs in (testing language versions of dialogs)

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Tue Apr 21 16:37:27 CDT 2009

On Di, 2009-04-21 at 21:06 +0100, Reece Dunn wrote:
> >> LANG=es_ES.UTF-8 ./wine winecfg
> >> works for me. The language code is "es_ES" and not just "es".

> That works. I have started a page on the wiki
> (http://wiki.winehq.org/TestingLanguages) to document how to launch
> Wine in the different languages. It's not complete yet.

I did the attached script a while ago for dialog testing before
Wine-1.0,
but it works also for the programs.
The given command is run in every translated language on seperate
virtual Desktops.

Examples:
WINETEST_INTERACTIVE=1 winetest_rc
dlls/localui/tests/localui_test.exe.so

winetest_rc programs/winecfg/winecfg.exe.so

--

By by ... Detlef