The DIB engine... does anyone know how to get it into Wine?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Apr 28 09:24:07 CDT 2009

Max's work has been great in that
a) he has found and fixed bugs that affect Autocad,
and gotten those bugfixes into the trunk, and
b) he is slowly working his way towards a DIB
engine prototype that actually greatly improves
speed on some important apps without hurting
other apps.

If I recall correctly, previous efforts stalled partly
because they didn't actually provide a real speedup.
So I'm really glad Max is doing what he's doing,
even if it's not destined for the trunk, because
he is nevertheless paving the way in some sense.
- Dan