How far away are we from .net 3.0 install working?

Hans Leidekker hans at codeweavers.com
Sat Aug 1 04:05:37 CDT 2009

On Saturday 01 August 2009 12:47:33 am Dan Kegel wrote:

> But I didn't have any joy when I tried it, hence my question.

Here's a recipe for the standalone installer that works for me
after applying the patch attached to this e-mail:

 $ sha1sum dotnetfx3.exe
 f3d2c3c7e4c0c35450cf6dab1f9f2e9e7ff50039  dotnetfx3.exe
 $ rm -rf ~/.wine
 $ sh winetricks dotnet20
 $ export _SFX_CAB_SHUTDOWN_REQUEST=1
 $ wine dotnetfx3.exe

It's slow towards the end, too slow I think, but eventually it completes here.

 -Hans