More winehq.org improvements and issues: About page now links to articles in the wiki

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Tue Aug 4 01:09:37 CDT 2009

I have begun some cleanup of the website, starting with the most popular
pages.  In particular, the about page: http://www.winehq.org/about/

The text is much easier to read for a newcomer to get a general overview
of the project.  On a wide browser window, however, it looks very
horizontal -- this is fixable with a good picture on the right side of
the screen, however I don't have one ready yet.  It's kind of hard to
capture what Wine is about for a typical user in a single picture, but I
think it may be doable.

Regardless, for users who want more information, the About page now
directly links to 4 separate wiki articles:
- Why Wine is so important
- Common Myths about Wine
- History of the Wine Project
- Organization and Leadership

I'll be personally giving each of these an edit over the coming weeks,
however help is of course appreciated - that's why it's in the wiki.
The last article, in particular, needs to be essentially written from
scratch.

Thanks for your help, especially Newman for committing my patches ;)

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie