More winehq.org improvements and issues: About page now links to articles in the wiki

Maik Schulz maik.schulz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 07:40:53 CDT 2009

On 4 Aug 2009, at 10:42, Francois Gouget wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, Scott Ritchie wrote:
>
>> I have begun some cleanup of the website, starting with the most
>> popular
>> pages.  In particular, the about page: http://www.winehq.org/about/
>>
>> The text is much easier to read for a newcomer to get a general
>> overview
>> of the project.
>
> Actually I got the page in French (which is good) so I don't know if I
> got the latest version. But I did not find a way to switch the
> language
> on the page (I could reconfigure the browser but that's not reasonable
> to expect). So this raises two questions:

Someone else already answered that the link to switch languages is on
the main winehq.org page.

However, I'd like to suggest that the current language is not handled
via a cookie but rather as part of the URL. That would make it
possible for external sites to link to the right language and also
google would be able to find these other languages. If I configure
google to only return results in German and search for Wine I get
German Wikipedia entries as a result but not a link to winehq.org in
German. At least not on the first results page.

> * Shouldn't we have a way to switch between languages?
>
> Also, the link to the next page still says 'Wine's History: Next'
> instead of 'L'historique de Wine: Suivant'. So maybe links are not
> localizable? (it could also be that the translation is missing)

That's just a missing translation.

Cheers,
-Maik