[6/8] WineD3D: Return a different success value if D3D is not available

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Thu Aug 6 05:12:55 CDT 2009

Am Thursday 06 August 2009 11:54:58 schrieb Henri Verbeet:

> If done properly, miracles have nothing to do with it... The problem
> with patch 4 is that you really want the initial value to change, but
> instead you change it afterwards, and hope you caught all the cases.
> Fortunately the tests should help a bit there, but I don't think it's
> a good principle if you can easily avoid it.
The approach doesn't scale though. Luckily we have very few different default
values(that are known currently). We'd probably want some other system, like
providing a template stateblock, but that seems like an overkill as well.

> Another advantage of the flags is that you have a reasonably
> centralised overview of differences between the different wined3d
> client libraries.
Not really, we have a number of cases in ddraw already where the default value
is overwritten(e.g. depth test at device creation), and there are many other
differences beyond defaults.