[6/8] WineD3D: Return a different success value if D3D is not available

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 07:08:20 CDT 2009

2009/8/6 Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com>:
> That's why I still think we should use behavior flags as a last resort, and
> use other problem specific ways where possible and reasonable. (an example
> for what's not reasonable: Clone the entire private data code in ddraw to
> avoid the AddRef - I clearly prefer a behavior flag for that)

Actually, if you wanted to avoid create flags, handling that AddRef in
ddraw would be less ugly than what patch 4 does. (And no, you don't
need to clone resource.c for that, just return the flags from
resource_get_private_data() and its callers, and immediately call
Release() in the appropriate case in ddraw.)