Wine and XShm support

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 04:25:13 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Henri Verbeet<hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/9 Roderick Colenbrander <thunderbird2k at gmail.com>:
>> I would perhaps suggest that we should perhaps drop XShm support (or
>> at least add a registry key for it and disable it perhaps on 'modern
>> drivers'). What do you guys think?
>>
> Could you do some benchmarking? You can disable XShm support by
> passing "--without-xshm" to configure.

It would be useful if some people using Nvidia, intel or EXA based
drivers could compare the results of the test app attached to this
mail with and without XShm. A test on ATI fglrx is not useful at this
point because it doesn't use an EXA-like architecture yet and they
don't accelerate XRender in hardware yet.

Thanks,
Roderick