Towards leveraging app build and unit tests as a way to test wine

Jacek Caban jacek at
Mon Aug 10 09:57:34 CDT 2009

Reece Dunn wrote:
> 2009/8/10 Jacek Caban <jacek at>:
>> Hi Reece,
>> Reece Dunn wrote:
>>> I would recommend either GitHub ( or Gitorious
>>> (http://gitorious). You need to register for either of these, but
>>> registration is free (with paid subscription giving you access to
>>> things like private repositories, in GitHub's case and more storage
>>> space).
>> My .git directory is 1.3GB. GitHub offers only 300MB disc space and
>> Gitorious offers only 500 MB/month bandwidth, so both are not good enough.
> Is that after running `git gc`?
> What about `git gc --prune=now`? "disable that grace period and get
> rid of those unreferenced objects right away (safe only if no other
> git activities are taking place at the same time which should be easy
> to ensure on a workstation)." [1]
> And `git gc --aggressive`?

I've tried git gc before, but --aggressive option really surprised me.
It cat the size down to 132 MB. It would be enough for GitHub, so we may
consider using it.

> Which git repository is it? If there is already an existing
> repository, you may be able to get by with creating a fork of that
> repository, so that github/gitorious don't account the actual base
> repository in your allowance (at least... in theory).

Mozilla uses hg, not git. I know about two unofficial git repositories:;a=summary
and on, but both are not updated. I've imported it myself
from hg repository.