mp3 update

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Thu Aug 13 14:07:29 CDT 2009

Austin English <austinenglish at> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Juan Lang<juan.lang at> wrote:
>>> All the more reason to use the existing libmpg123 instead of trying to
>>> maintain our own version, IMO.
>> Aric already explained that we can't:  it doesn't exist on the Mac.
> Not to nitpick, but if that's the reason for bundling libmpg, there
> are several other libraries we should bundle...

It's not the reason, as you point out the Mac is lacking a lot of
things. I believe the reason we copied it was that it wasn't widely
available on Linux either, because of licensing issues. If it's now
included in the major distros then we should certainly consider dynamic

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at