Address space(was: mp3 update)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu Aug 13 18:50:58 CDT 2009

Am Thursday 13 August 2009 21:19:38 schrieb Chris Robinson:
> There are patches in the works that do this, but there's straggling issues
> that AJ hasn't been able to work out yet. This is something that really
> needs to be done anyway, as GL/D3D are really suffering on cards with a lot
> of VRAM, so I don't think citing that as an issue is valid.
Actually, AJ implemented some memory management improvements, like freeing the
DOS memory after app startup, so we probably have 1.5 GB address space free
for OpenGL these days. If any app still crashes due to out of address space
issues, there's probably a problem going on elsewhere, like an address space
leak in the driver or Wine.