about video memory detection in wine

King InuYasha ngompa13 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 14:23:02 CDT 2009

This seems like the wrong way to go. I'm wondering if there is another way
to detect VRAM? There should be a way to determine VRAM from Xorg? Why
should OpenGL or DirectDraw be the method that Wine uses to determine video
RAM? Why should Wine have a fixed value based on a list? Maybe I'm being
stupid, but I think it would make sense for the display server (xorg) to
know how much VRAM a graphics card has...