Writing Conformance Tests

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 15 10:56:06 CDT 2009

2009/8/15 Mike <firesword14 at yahoo.com>:
> Being new to wine, I was thinking about starting to learn the system by writing conformance tests.
>
> Most of us do NOT have access to machines of every flavor of Windows.  Is there a standard method to deal with differences across platforms?
>
> I realize that often, this won't be an issue, but was wondering what (if any) the practice is for write across platforms without access to these platforms.

Write the tests and check them against Wine and at least one version
of Windows (more if you have access to them).

Once the tests are in, you can then check the results on the
http://test.winehq.org/data/ page. If you don't have access to the
failing version/configuration, you can post the patch to wine-devel
and ask for testing on XYZ version of Windows.

HTH,
- Reece