Appinstall testing guide up on the wiki

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 16:59:55 CDT 2009

Hi Austin,

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Austin English<austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> It handles the process of automatically downloading, running,
> verifying and testing various applications under Wine, against
> previously verified Windows behavior. It can test for regressions of
> popular applications/features, as well as making sure bugs aren't
> subtly fixed. The wrapper script handles fresh WINEPREFIX's,
> winetricks dependencies, timeouts of runaway/hung tests, and parsing
> of the output logs.

I've just given this a cursory look but I like it. I think what we
need to do to insure that its used and that scripts are kept up to
date is encourage wine appdb submission of scripts for applications
that are listed as gold/platinum. My thinking is that if we get good
scripts in appdb then the app maintainer wont have to carry all the
work of regression testing it at each release. If someone finds a
regression they can use the script to save time as they rollback and
test prior winehq releases and work with that app advocate to track
down the issue.

--
Steven Edwards