[1/18] d3dx9: Add shader assembler private definitions

Matteo Bruni matteo.mystral at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 11:52:34 CDT 2009

2009/8/18 Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com>:
> 2009/8/18 Matteo Bruni <matteo.mystral at gmail.com>:
>> constructs, single instructions, ...) but it seems to be quite a work
>> and in any case the resulting patch needs to have a working lexer,
>> parser, bytecode writer and the glue among them, so it can't be made
>> smaller than so much, I believe.
>
> I don't think that's really a requirement. It's probably fine to e.g.
> just add a minimal lexer first, then add a minimal parser, etc.

Lexer and parser have to go together, as the parser defines the tokens
used by the lexer. In any case, a patch adding just the lexer is not
"useful" (as in Juan's definition) because it can't be used without
the other components. I believe in this case the choice is between
having a useful bigger patch or smaller patches but not useful by
themselves.
Maybe I'll have a better view of the situation after some tinkering
with the patches. Which probably will be tomorrow as now I my
development system is half-broken and I have to fix it...