[1/3] WineD3D: Use a sane default refresh rate

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Wed Aug 19 08:01:33 CDT 2009

Am Wednesday 19 August 2009 14:51:44 schrieb Stefan Dösinger:
> > MSDN seems to disagree. "The value of 0 indicates an adapter default."

> 0 for D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT certainly makes sense. But 0 as advertised refresh
> rate does not. 0 probably makes sense as requested refresh rate, in the
> sense of "Use whatever refresh rate is set".
I found the quote in the SDK docs - the msdn search doesn't work too well,
especially for "legacy" d3d that doesn't use XNA.

I don't know what to make of it. There's no place to pass a D3DDISPLAYMODE
into a setter, it is only returned by getters.  I still think its odd to
enumerate 0 HZ in EnumAdapterModes. I think its an msdn error unless I see a
Windows box that shows this behavior.