[1/3] WineD3D: Use a sane default refresh rate

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Wed Aug 19 09:09:45 CDT 2009

Am Wednesday 19 August 2009 15:09:03 schrieb Henri Verbeet:
> Sure, it's picky like that. IIRC most battlefield games need
> 800x600 at 60 to startup. Occasionally that's a problem on Windows as
> well. It seems to me that you should be looking at why
> EnumDisplaySettingsExW() didn't give you a refresh rate for that
> though.
The discussion continued on IRC a bit:

Turns out that winex11.drv doesn't set the DM_DISPLAYFREQUENCY flag because
X11 reports 0 HZ. This in turn happens because OSX always reporty 0 HZ for
LCDs, probably as a way of telling the app that this display is an LCD, which
have 60 HZ on osx. Or so I understand things.

So from Wine's side everything seems ok(except that the name
WINED3DADAPTER_DEFAULT is bad for a frequency). Ken will replace the 0 HZ
with 60 HZ in the X server, which should make Battlefield happy on Wine and
CrossOver.