ws2_32: Only examine lower-order bits in getsockopt/setsockopt

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Thu Aug 20 11:22:42 CDT 2009

Juan Lang <juan.lang at> writes:

>> There can be several other ways to handle this, it needs test cases to
>> determine which way Windows is using.
> Sorry for my lack of imagination:  could you suggest at least one
> other way so I can make sure the tests are representative?

It may check for just 0xffffffff as a special case, or check for high
word being 0 or 0xffff and rejecting others, etc. Some values to test
would be things like 0x1234ffff, 0x12340000, 0xffff0000, etc.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at