font-shape/font-query related regression in wine 1.1.28

Vincent Pelletier plr.vincent at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 05:33:47 CDT 2009

Le dimanche 23 août 2009 21:02:33, Hin-Tak Leung a écrit :
> I don't know why a german translation would affect my environment
> (LANG=en_GB.utf8) and setting LANG=C does not fix the problem.

I just yesterday found a similar fix for a segfaulting "wine iexplore" on a
japanese environment kde.
The best I could reach with japanese locale was a "HTML" followed by squares
(the one when a glyph is missing) before the segfault - probably japanese
localisation of "html rendering disabled". Switching to LC_ALL=C cures the
crash.

Originaly, the crash was in WoW launcher (which uses web rendering for part of
its window).

--
Vincent Pelletier