kernel32: set sLanguage to LOCALE_SABBREVLANGUAGE to match Windows behavior

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Tue Aug 25 04:41:34 CDT 2009

Jeff Zaroyko <jeffzaroyko at> writes:

> What is incorrect is that GetLocaleInfo is reading the override from
> the registry which it should not do hence the special casing where the
> value of sLanguage as a profile or registry entry is not the
> corresponding value for LOCALE_SLANGUAGE, but the corresponding value
> for LOCALE_SABBREVLANGNAME.  In retrospect this is a side issue and
> probably requires further questioning of the existing way overrides
> are handled.

My point is that "sLanguage" apparently means LOCALE_SABBREVLANGNAME
instead of LOCALE_SLANGUAGE, so you can just change that mapping and
everything should work fine. I don't see why you'd need a special case
for it.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at