dxdiag: add basic command line parsing

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 09:43:33 CDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 3:34 AM, Henri Verbeet<hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/26 Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com>:
>> Based on Dan Kegel's patch he wrote for Louis Lenders old implementation.
>>
> It probably doesn't make much of a difference for command line
> parsing, but I think you want to make dxdiag explicitly unicode from
> the start (new programs in general, really).

I was trying to get some simple skeleton stuff in from the older
patches but I'll see what I can do for Unicode support.

> It also seems to me that this patch doesn't do a whole lot in practice.

Right. The UCLA code has more support for dumping the info to an xml
file, but that would be a *lot* more code. It also lets apps use /x,
/t, etc., though both that and no switch both return 0, so not a big
difference in practice as you pointed out.

--
-Austin