configure: Detect and use tools executable extensions for makefiles.

Dylan Smith dylan.ah.smith at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 21:52:43 CDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Steven Edwards <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've never had a problem building most of Wine with cygwin or
> msys+mingw before. Is this new behaviour?

What do you mean by most of Wine?  I am trying to easily build all of
Wine from Windows.

I was able to build the whole wine tree on windows by running
$ ./configure --without-x --without-freetype && make depend && make
once I applied this patch and a previous one I sent:
winegcc: Find winebuild.exe instead of winebuild on windows.
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2009-August/077487.html

I don't know if this is new behaviour. I do remember having trouble
building on windows before, so I gave up and tried cross compiling,
which now works without errors (no -k option needed for make).

I am using mingw, msysgit, msys, and some GnuWin32 packages, so it is
possible that it is a configuration issue.  I'll retry with only mingw
and msys.  I don't think they provide Flex and Bison though.