configure: Detect and use tools executable extensions for makefiles.

Steven Edwards winehacker at
Thu Aug 27 08:54:45 CDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Steven Edwards<winehacker at> wrote:
>> I am using mingw, msysgit, msys, and some GnuWin32 packages, so it is
>> possible that it is a configuration issue.  I'll retry with only mingw
>> and msys.  I don't think they provide Flex and Bison though.
> No they don't, I've always had to search for the msys/mingw
> developer/dtk packages or use the GnuWin32 ports. I'll see if I still
> have a windows box with a mingw runtime installed to look myself.

I just checked and can confirm it does seem to require the exe suffix
now. I am not sure when that changed. I've not had time to test your
patch but it looked good, I'll try to make more time to recheck if
Alexandre commits it.

Steven Edwards