PATCH[1/6] user32.dll:SwitchDesktop API Implementation
mike.kaplinskiy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 16:50:49 CDT 2009
On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 1:51 AM, shanmukha sainath
addepalli<sainath.addepalli at gmail.com> wrote:
> These are the series of patches for SwitchDesktop and
> OpenInputDesktop API implementation in user32.dll
> SwitchDesktop API when called switches to another desktop and makes
> it active.
> First patch is the implementation of SwitchDesktop API in
> user32/win.c.This function calls the Declaration handler for the
> Change Log: Implemented SwitchDesktop API
> Sainath A
Some comments (note these are general, I don't actually know the
functions you're implementing):
- You shouldn't mix tabs and spaces in your patches (match the format
of the file).
- The wine tree has to compile after every patch (the reason is
regression testing). You can split this queue up into two parts -
first implement OpenInputDesktop, then SwitchDesktop (or the other way
around) - to have 4 patches: 1 - add open_input_desktop server
request, 2 - implement OpenInputDesktop, 3 - add switch_desktop server
request, 4 - implement SwitchDesktop.
- You don't have to pass the calling thread's tid to the server - the
server has a global called current which is the thread * object that
made the request.
- You seem to sometimes return error codes from the server, but
changing things nonetheless. Something seems off about that. Also you
sometimes just do return; without setting an error code.
- I'm not quite sure what you're doing in close_desktop.
- Code: Don't do if (!(... == ...)), just use if (... != ...). If you
break; in either case of the if, do it outside the if. You don't need
to check &desktop_ops != NULL.
- Don't use HTML emails, most people don't like those.
More information about the wine-devel