RFC: Fixing kernel32:locale tests on Vista and higher

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 30 15:50:31 CDT 2009

Ge van Geldorp wrote:
> Now, it is possible to fix all those failures. However, doing so would
> require us to duplicate the tables that Microsoft uses. This is basically
> the same problem that we have with the collation tables. To work around
> this, I simply skip the test on Vista+, just like we skip the sorting
> test. Does this sound like the right approach?

I would mark the tests broken for Vista and Windows7 but I would not
eliminate them for Windows 2003 and lower.  Right now, the conformance
is to WindowsXP SP3.  Do the tests work there?

Also, are we going to move from WindowsXP to Windows7 anytime soon?  We
may have 'buy' time to get this fixed without using the tables from M$.

James McKenzie