Missing libxml2 -> msxml3 compilation error

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Aug 31 03:31:37 CDT 2009

It turns out I was missing libxml2 in one of my environments and this
lead to the following compilation error:

$ gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__
-DCOM_NO_WINDOWS_H -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing
-Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith  -g -O2  -o dispex.o dispex.c
dispex.c:49: field `tid' has incomplete type
dispex.c:76: `LAST_tid' undeclared here (not in a function)
dispex.c:115: parameter `tid' has incomplete type

The problem is that tid_t is defined by msxml_private.h in a section
enclosed in an #ifdef HAVE_LIBXML2. But it's then used in dispex.c
regardless of HAVE_LIBXML2.

So should tid_t always be defined or should the relevant portions of
dispex.c be enclosed in an #ifdef HAVE_LIBXML2?

                Linux: It is now safe to turn on your computer.