d3dx9: Implement converting and copying surface data in D3DXLoadSurfaceFromMemory (review please)

Philip Nilsson pnilsson at nullref.se
Mon Aug 31 04:09:20 CDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 12:56:26PM +0200, Tony Wasserka wrote:
> > I think it would be better to store this in surface.c since I can't
> > think of anything else that would need this.
> >
> D3DXCheckTextureRequirements in texture.c will make use of the format
> table, since it also needs information about bits per component and
> component ordering.

You are right, but it would be neat to have them all grouped like they
are in d3dx9tex.h.

I seem to remember one additional thing from the MSDN:  The alpha
channel has a specific behavior when it is added (RGB -> RGBA), it is
set to either 0.0 or 1.0.  1.0 makes sense.  I think other channels
are set to 0.0 if they are added.

Better test this though.