Wine sound discussion summary

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sun Dec 6 13:49:56 CST 2009

Am 06.12.2009 um 20:20 schrieb Roderick Colenbrander:
> We would like to let the 'audio library' do
> all the mixing and hard work. Maarten advocated to use OpenAL as the
> audio library. This would allow us to get rid of all the different
> audio backends which would make maintenance easier. The others thought
> that solely relying on OpenAL would not be wise.
I think have to define a interface for sound drivers in the way we currently have them. Whether or not we implement more than one is another topic. If OpenAL works I am fine with just a wineopenal driver *if the openal calls are properly separated from the rest of the code* . I don't like the idea of rewriting our wasapi implementation if we have to go away from openal for some reason.