Wine sound discussion summary

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Dec 7 04:53:43 CST 2009

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, Reece Dunn wrote:
[...]
> If Wine is going to go down the Windows 7 audio route, why not
> redirect everything to pulseaudio?

Is PulseAudio supported on Mac OS X, FreeBSD and Solaris?
If not then we'd need an alternative for these platforms.

That's also something that worries me a bit about OpenAL. It's meant to
be portable but I wonder how well it's supported and integrated with
each of these platforms. Note that this worry is in part caused by
ignorance, that is I don't know that it's widely used and works well on
all these platforms.

                         Stolen from an Internet user:
              "f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng !"