Cruft left behind by tests

Greg Geldorp ggeldorp at
Wed Dec 9 08:13:55 CST 2009

> From: Maarten LankhorstSent: woensdag 9 december 2009 13:03
> 2009/12/9 Greg Geldorp <ggeldorp at>:
> > During WineConf we briefly discussed files/registry keys left behind by
running winetest.exe on Windows machines. I promised to look at that and
then promptly forgot about it. Anyway, this is the list of files that get
left behind when running the tests on a WinXP machine:

9453B}\Default MidiOut Device

1CE86}\Default DirectSound Device
> > HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Multimedia\msacm.msgsm610
> > HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Multimedia\ActiveMovie
> Running the devenum tests leaves some cached info there, not much we
> can do about it..

Yeah, I didn't want to imply that all of these should be "fixed", some of
them look pretty benign and others might be unavoidable.

> One thing I wonder about though, are the keys I mentioned persistent?
> Or are they gone after a reboot?

Just checked, they remain even after reboot.