Building and packaging Wine Gecko

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Fri Dec 11 17:37:58 CST 2009

Sir Gallantmon skrev:
> I don't think I have seen any distribution include wine-gecko. Fedora
> seems to be in the best position to finally make a wine-gecko package,
> since it now provides a MinGW toolchain.

Why does *that* put Fedora in the best position? Debian has had a MinGW
toolchain for years, the "building wine-gecko" wiki page even mentions
attempts to use it. Only problem with it is that it's not the newest
version.

Perhaps if you meant that Fedora also has built a whole bunch of
libraries using mingw and packaged them as rpms, then that *might* give
it an edge. Still won't make me ever use Fedora, though.