Edit control messages through Comctl32 v6 module

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 06:15:39 CST 2009

>> The main test which AJ suggested would be to 'force' native user32 to
>> call RegisterClassNameW. There would be a dummy dll containing a
>> RegisterClassNameW to which lets say the Button control would be
>> redirected using a manifest.
> If I got it right you're talking about a dummy dll with compiled in (or
> separate doesn't matter) manifest with
> 'windowclass' entry (and without to check it's actually used) to Button,
> after that we trigger test application reload
> and dump this RegisterClassNameW call someway?

Yeah that's the idea. I'm quite certain that this mechanism is used to
register the class. I just searched some more this morning and found
stuff I didn't fnd before about subclassing. Read this
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb773183%28VS.85%29.aspx  It
talks about four new subclassing related functions which were
introduced in XP, so it might mean that the controls are subclassed
after all?