Rob Shearman : msvcrt: Free memory allocated in TLS slot on module unload as well as thread exit.

Rob Shearman robertshearman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 11:35:04 CST 2009

2009/12/14 Nikolay Sivov <bunglehead at gmail.com>:
> On 12/14/2009 18:51, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>>
>> Module: wine
>> Branch: master
>> Commit: c20868e0a2f7af909cf8af2877ae8b024fa6d11e
>>
>> Author: Rob Shearman<robertshearman at gmail.com>
>> Date:   Mon Dec 14 14:13:57 2009 +0000
>>
>> msvcrt: Free memory allocated in TLS slot on module unload as well as
>> thread exit.
>>
>> ---
>>
>>  dlls/msvcrt/main.c |   27 +++++++++++++++------------
>>  1 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
>>

> It's a partial solution I suppose? I works for a one thread only that
> unloads module.

The real motive for the patch was to free the memory on process exit
to silence valgrind warnings. In reality, I don't believe msvcrt would
be loaded dynamically by an app, but if we did want to cope with this
the code could be changed to maintain a linked list of the objects
allocated for this purpose or to use a private heap.

--
Rob Shearman