winetricks directx testers needed

Austin English austinenglish at
Tue Dec 15 00:56:22 CST 2009

Howdy all,

I e-mailed wine-users a few days ago, but had no volunteers. I know
most of you here aren't the target audience for using winetricks
directx9, but since neither Dan or I game much, we need a guinea pig

Long story short, someone complained that 'winetricks directx9'
crashes on OS X, but works if the windows version is set to xp instead
of 2k. I've played around with it a bit, and it seems that using xp
gives a different set of installed files. Which one works better for
games, however, I don't know.

So, test it please. If you get wine from SVN, there's a beta of it:

just use 'winetricks directx9-beta' for the XP version, and
'winetricks directx9' for windows 2k (on OS X, it forces
directx9-beta). Please let me know which version works better for
games that need it.

Any problems, file a bug at winezeug
( For faster service,
shoot me an e-mail, since I don't get e-mail notifications of any new
bugs there...