Parser for cmd language?

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 05:05:25 CST 2009

2009/12/17 Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com>:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 2:43 AM, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That needs Java.
>
> But only when generating the parser.  It can output a pure C parser.
>
> If it's not ok to require Java to build (and I could imagine that),
> we could check in ANTLR's output.  Then only people
> hacking on cmd would need java installed.

Well, at least Alexandre as well, and I could imagine distributions
wanting to generate those files themselves as well.

IIRC ANTLR also includes its own IDE/editor, although it's probably
not required to use that. It seems to me like it would be less trouble
to either use bison/yacc or write something by hand,  like most of the
other parsers in Wine. The more interesting problem is of course
finding someone to work on it in the first place.