gcrypt windows build is done on linux, uses wine to run test suite

Jeff Zaroyko jeffzaroyko at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 05:30:56 CST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Here's an interesting tidbit.  gcrypt's windows version's only
> supported build environment is mingw on unix/linux, and
> it relies on wine to run its test suite.
> - Dan

Similar case for libsndfile, the maintainer has also contributed to
Wine in the past.

"...I release a binary windows installer for
libsndfile. The binaries are generated using a Linux to Windows
cross-compiler and for the win32 version I run the testsuite under
Wine (windows API emulator). I then run INNO Setup under wine to
generate the installer executable."

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg68403.html

Jeff