Parser for cmd language?

Dan Kegel dank at
Fri Dec 18 23:39:56 CST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Steven Edwards <winehacker at> wrote:
> This suggestion will most likely get null'd as it has before but since
> there are still patches accepted by ReactOS developers from time to
> time, it would seem to make more since to me to just prepackage a
> winelib build or binary build of their cmd.exe somewhere.

No, I'd rather Wine be completely source-based.  Binary blobs don't seem right,
and as you know, we can't share ReactOS source code.

> It's mostly
> feature complete and is derived from FreeDOS and a large
> chunk of the development work on it was done by former CodeWeaver Eric
> Kohl.

For what it's worth, I've looked at the FreeDOS, and its
parser doesn't seem much better than what wine's cmd already has.
I'm looking for something a little more solid.

> Having a comprehensive test suite written for the scripting language
> makes sense

- Dan