Conformance tess for cmd?

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at orange.fr
Sat Dec 19 05:26:30 CST 2009

Dan Kegel a écrit :
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Eric Pouech <eric.pouech at orange.fr> wrote:
>
>> If you want to control more closely commands vs output you can toy with
>> http://github.com/ericZp/wdtp/blob/master/test_cl.h
>>

> I would have thought that overkill for a batch mode program like cmd,
> but it appears to have several interactive commands:
>   pause
>   choice
>   set /p
> so yeah, something like that will be needed.
>
> Then there's the question of how to integrate it into the wine
> test suite.  I suspect the way to go is
> to have a make rule that converts the input and expected output
> files into hex byte arrays in a generated .c file,
> to use the normal wine test infrastructure by copying
> dlls/Maketest.rules.in to programs/Maketest.rules.in
>
> Sound good?

the idea of test_cl.h is to have something similar to our test suite,
but for command line programs
so you can still have the ok() rules, the only thing that test_cl.h does
is to give helpers to drive the program to be tested, and simplify
sending commands and fetching their output

but, of course, you need first to allow test Make rules to be allowed in
programs/ subdirectory
A+

--
Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)